Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Today He is THREE!

Today He is Three

The little boy I didn’t even know I wanted; but now I couldn’t live without.

The little boy I didn’t love until I fist looked into hiseyes. 

The little boy who looks like a Dodge but acts like a Campbell.

The little boy who can’t say “C” but can speak directly to my soul

The little boy who will never know his Grandpa but behaves like he does.

The little boy I didn’t beg God for, but now I wonder why that was

The little boy who loves alligators, airplanes, Grandme and Mr. Derrick.  He loves chocolate and corn, staying up late and sleeping in mommy and daddy’s bed.   He loves Allen and loves soccer and baseball and He loves Izzy and reading and the Kratt brothers.  He loves wrestling and swimming without his life jacket. He love loves loves the ocean and karate chops waves for hours.

The little boy who doesn’t love his grandpa because he doesn’t know who he is, but loves his Uncle Jason so!  In this, my heart is peaceful.  It feels right.

The little boy I birthed when I was old is the one who makes me young.

The little boy who is as stubborn as his mama and as sweet as his daddy.

The little boy who makes my heart race when he sprints to the ocean and when he curls up next to me to sleep.

The little boy who brings me so much happiness and almost as much aggravation.

The little boy who knows no fear but whose heart is as tender as it is courageous.

The little boy who wants to be big and races after his sister but always looks behind.

The little boy who is the final of four and the completer ofour family. 

The little boy I'll love forever and like for a lifetime is getting big.  My heart is full of pride and desperation.


QUICK time!  Slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it Real

Beginning again and again and again It feels like that is all I do. Matt traveled from Wednesday - Friday this week.  I did not do well ...