Monday, August 31, 2009


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


Are you feeling guilty for totally eating way more than you should have this week? Wishing you could "go back" and do something again? Embarassed that your child will argue with you, you know, most any place? Well don't be! Not Me! Monday was born out of MckMama's desire to admit some of her imperfections and reveal a few moments she'd rather forget. I know I find it therapeutic to join in and you may as well!


This week I did not pull the cord out of the wall so big M couldn't use the computer for more "fantasy football research". I did not consider pulling the dish network cord out as well. I did not stand at the top of the stairs for, you know, at least 3 minutes considering if I should scream at the top of my lungs, "YOU DO REALIZE THAT FANTASY FOOTBALL IS A FANTASY, RIGHT?!"


Big M did not send me roses for our aniversary, making above behavior even more selfish.


I did not attempt to take all 3 children to a birthday party this weekend. I did not spend the whole time worrying adod was going to do something to embarass me.


I did not drop Adod off for soccer practice in the pouring rain. It was not in the 50's with rain pouring out of the sky. I did not see his sweatshirt in the back of the truck on my way home and just keep driving. I did not think to myself that maybe this would teach him to listen to me when I tell him what to wear. I did not watch the clock, waiting to remind him of this when he got home, just for him to walk in all smiles and *not* (for real this time) the least bit cold.


I did not get the kids uniforms in the mail this week. When I looked at big sister's, I did not throw up in my mouth a little bit. I did not consider just throwing them all in the trash.


My little brother did not turn 32 this week. This did not remind that life, indeed, is short and we should enjoy every minute!


O.K. now it's your turn. Head over to MckMama's blog and grap the button and create your own not me post. Leave a comment and let me know where to find it. I cannot wait to read it.


1 comment:

  1. You are too funny. I love reading these, because it makes me not feel so bad for allowing my 4 year old to serve himself breakfast while I sleep an extra 20 mins. lol.
    Thanks for visiting my site by the way!!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it Real

Beginning again and again and again It feels like that is all I do. Matt traveled from Wednesday - Friday this week.  I did not do well ...