Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Sugar Fast - Day 1 - It Was Fine



And so it begins.  I drank my coffee with half and half plus splenda.  It was fine.  I didn't feel deprived.  I fixed a green pepper omelet for breakfast.  I used real cheese.  That's right, REAL cheese.  I'm trying to focus on the positive here, peeps.

I was thinking that I would talk about my food choices on here, but I'm not going to .  I already use myfitnesspal to log everyday and frankly, I obsess enough as it.

Day 1 went fine.  That doesn't make me hopeful really.  Day 1 always goes fine.

I did manage to get a run in while Izzy was at cross country.  It was fine. The weather is perfect, much better than fine,  in South Carolina and the trails are beautiful right now.  I continue to be amazed at this place God created.

Maggie has a Halloween party tomorrow at school.  We made ghost banana pops.  They wanted us to bring fruit and so we did the best we could.  They turned out fine so cute.  I think I'm going to have to go back and re-set the eyes because they are really sliding around.  After the yogurt starts to freeze - i'll put them back in their proper place.  Maggie is always so excited whenever there is something special at school.  Actually - she is always so excited whenever there is school period.  She is extra excited when there is something special.

I saw an interesting video today about how the media shapes our expectation when it comes to beauty and the perfect size.  You can view it here:What We Do in 37 Seconds. I have literally watched this over and over.  What a mess we have made of expectations.  This is absolutely not fine.  I do not want my daughters to focus on unattainable physical expectations.  I don't want my sons to believe that girls should look like this.  Holy heck, I don't want to focus on unattainable physical expectations.

Right now, while I type, the house is pretty quiet.  Allen and Matt are not back from soccer just yet.  Isabell is finishing her homework and the littles are already tucked in.  There is a plethora of things I should be doing.  Toys are scattered here and there and the laundry is a mountain.  It will wait though.  It's Fine.  Tomorrow is a new day.

Love,
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it Real

Beginning again and again and again It feels like that is all I do. Matt traveled from Wednesday - Friday this week.  I did not do well ...