Thursday, October 31, 2013

Sugar Fast Day 2: Halloween Deprivation

Day 2 of my sugar fast and it's Halloween.  This fact didn't escape me when I decided to do this.  I am a true chocolate addict.  Literally - ADDICT.  I will eat chocolate, if its here, until its gone.

So, I knew this season was going to be really difficult for me.  Usually, I make the big kids hide their candy in their room, so I won't eat it in the middle of the night.   I'll do that again this year.  I also only purchased non-chocolate candy.  The kinds I don't like.  That should help.  Raise your glass to proper prior planning.

Anyway - I figure if I can get through the next few days without eating up all the chocolate then I'm golden.  It will build my confidence and I'll be lighter.  If I can't - I haven't really lost anything.  I would have ate it anyway and I'm already up 30 pounds.

I woke up late and hungry this morning.  My alarm had somehow been set to PM and we, literally, woke up 5 minutes before we were supposed to leave.  Maggie was a trooper, thank goodness.  I walked in with her today to deliver her ghost pops.  Exciting things ahead for my little one.

I changed the battery in my scale and now I weigh an extra 5 pounds. Nice.

On a whim, I decided to pee on a stick that measures ketones today.  I'm not actively doing low carb, as I am eating fruits and vegetables and whole grains.  My body goes into ketosis pretty easily though, so I thought, what the heck?  Sure enough - dark purple.


I saw this video about moms today.  I was very nearly undone.  You have to watch it!  Just watch it!


Charlie Brown, the Great Pumpkin was on tonight.  We watched it after trick treating.  Fun Times! I love all the Charlie Brown shows and I'm glad my littles like it too.

See you on the flip side.

love,
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it Real

Beginning again and again and again It feels like that is all I do. Matt traveled from Wednesday - Friday this week.  I did not do well ...