Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sugar Fasting and Anger Management Problems

Day 5 -

So - I've been really (probably unreasonably) irritated with how excited some people are when they first start a diet program.  Haley knows just how irritated.  I keep on complaining to her about this.  "life style changes" and all the motivational advice, blah blah blah.  Talk to me in 5 years - when you keep it off I say.  Because here is the thing, anyone can lose weight!  But, not everyone can keep it off.  I take life style change advice from someone very well - as long as they have proven they have actually made one.  *SIGH*

Here's the another thing about a sugar fast.  It makes me crabby. See above. Crabby is probably a bit of an understatement, but I love a lot of very devout Baptists and I want them to keep reading my blog.  Things just irritate me.  I want sugar.  I want to eat it and pretend like I don't care that my rear end is getting bigger and bigger.  Until I do care - and then it's too late.  I've already gained 30 pounds.

My son Allen has my personality.  He may look like a Dodge, but he is a Campbell through and through.  He has anger management issues.  SURPRISE!  I wonder where he gets that from.  So, we work with him, at him, around him.  I'm starting to see that I still need some work on this too.

Speaking of Allen, he had a great Q1 of high school.  His weighted GPA is over a 4.0 and his classes are tough.  Imagine my surprise when Matt explained to me, not very nicely, that when he recruited young engineers, he stripped their GPA.  An "A" is an "A" and all that crap.  He, not very patiently or  very nicely, explained to me that the universities do this too.  I flat out didn't believe him.  Wouldn't they WANT kids to take challenging classes?  Shouldn't it mean something when a 9th grade student is taking a college level class and getting a 89 in it?  I basically acted like my husband was an idiot.

Then

Google

Yup, it's true folks.  Getting into a good university is ridiculously hard.  Sure they want you to take AP classes.  They just don't want them weighted.  In addition, don't bother trying to pad your GPA, they are going to strip the electives anyway.

I need to go to sleep but instead I am going through withdrawal.  I hope this whole thing is worth it.

Love Forever,

Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it Real

Beginning again and again and again It feels like that is all I do. Matt traveled from Wednesday - Friday this week.  I did not do well ...