Thursday, November 7, 2013

It's been a rough few days.  It seems like 1 always leads to 2 or 3.  I keep "starting over" but it feels like a rat on a wheel.  I'm strongly considering therapy.  I just don't see how to kick this.

I'm not going to go on and on about it.  Usually that doesn't help either.  If I start feeling sorry for myself today will go to heck too.  So, I'll try again. What else can I do?  Quitting will just make me fatter than I already am.

Today is Allen's last day of basketball try-outs.  He is a bundle of nerves and I'll be happy to have this done either way.

Maggie has been home sick for 2 days.  (This hasn't helped the eating AT ALL)  I've been trying to work, take care of a sick child and still have Canaan underfoot.  Anyhoo - today she went back to school.  I'm not sure who was happier, me or her.

We stopped at Starbucks on the way there!  Peppermint Mocha is baaaack!  I love the holidays so much.  This year I am apprehensive, because of our new business, but we have always held the belief that Christmas isn't about getting getting getting.  Maybe we will flesh that out in real life a little differently this year.

The weather is really nice still, up in the high 70's daily.  Definitely doesn't "feel" like the Thanksgiving /Christmas weather I am used to.  We are planning to go home for Christmas, and I'm sure we will shovel some snow and that will cure me.

Here's hoping today is a better day!  Try Try Try and then Try Again.

Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it Real

Beginning again and again and again It feels like that is all I do. Matt traveled from Wednesday - Friday this week.  I did not do well ...